07 Jun Five reasons you need an explainer video
Animated explainer videos are used by all sort of brands and organisations, large and small, b2b or b2c – to communicate a message, new product or service in an attractive, quick and engaging way.
We make animated explainer videos for a whole range of clients, and whilst each one is unique to the client, they all share similar traits and structure – which we know work best for ultimate engagement and conversions.
If you’re yet to add video content to your marketing toolbox, then you could be missing out. Here are five reasons you need an animated explainer video right now.
- Popularity: video is fast becoming the most popular content on the net; it accounts for 74% of all web traffic and four times as many online customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. So, if you’re in retail specifically, or trying to appeal to a younger millennial audience (YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watch across devices among millennials) adding an animated video or a whiteboard video to your content strategy is essential.
- Shareable: 92% of mobile video users share it with others, that’s friends, colleagues or family. Video content is much more likely to improve your reach above any other content. What’s more, videos are 1,200% more likely to be shared than simply text with links alone. That’s huge!
- Conversions: All evidence shows that videos support conversions across the board, whether you’re after sales, sign-ups or traffic, video (animated explainer videos or whiteboard videos and everything in between), can increase ecommerce retail sales by 30%. It also improves email open rates and click through, by simply including the word ‘video’ in your email subject line can increase open rates by 19% and click through by a massive 65%.
- Comprehensive: According to this article, video is processed by the brain 60,000 times quicker than text alone. This is because, generally, people can process visuals much better than words, and can glean much more in a shorter time frame. The phrase ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ really does apply when it comes to video or animated video.
- Engagement: People just love video. When we watch a video, we become immersed in it, much more than when reading text. As such, viewers create an empathetic connection with the subject matter. If you want your visitors to fall in love with your content, put video front and centre.