The term ‘DoodleDirect’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Animaco Ltd, whose registered office is Carrwood Park, Selby Road, Leeds, LS15 4LG. Our company registration number is 09488092 and we are registered in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We like to keep things as simple as possible at DoodleDirect, focusing on creating the best visual communications and animated video for your business is how we like to spend our time! However, it’s always good to have a few things written down, just in case.
1. You (the lovely client) are hiring us (DoodleDirect, at The Gridiron Building, 1 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG) to create an animated marketing video for your business, cause organisation or simply for fun – for the fee quoted in our correspondence.
2. The fee quoted in the proposal for the outlined services is available only for 14 days from receipt of the proposal, after which time, we will have to issue a new quote, we think this is important for you to know so you can plan your time. The new quote will reflect the most up to date services, fees and turnaround time.
3. When it comes to the delivery of your project, we will specify a project timeline in our proposal to ensure we hit every mini-deadline for an on time delivery. As we are working together it’s important that you too hit the required deadlines to meet the ultimate delivery date for your video. We understand that you’re busy, things change and deadlines can creep up on us, so by getting in touch this means we can amend the project timeline to deliver the animation to meet your brief.
4. Our proposal will outline the points at which you, the lovely client, need to approve or input, you’ll have the three opportunities to make changes during the production stages (the script, the storyboard and the animation first draft) within the scope of the original brief.
5. Any changes requested outside of those stages listed above, or that are outside the scope of the original brief and/or outside of the production period entirely will be chargeable. We will quote for this additional work and get your approval before any work begins.
6. We’ll set out a payment schedule in the proposal, so you will know upfront exactly what is due and when, making the whole process as simple as possible.
You’ll need to pay the agreed fees along with VAT as follows:
50% non-refundable deposit payment before any work begins and the remaining 50% is payable upon sign-off of the project but before delivery of final files and transfer of ownership.
A heads-up, if you require a turnaround time of 10 working days or less the full fee is required before we begin.
7. Invoices are payable within 7 days of receipt, and unfortunately we have to apply a monthly service charge of 1.5% on all overdue balances.
1. This agreement (and the agreement within the proposal) is the bit that matters, no matter what has been said in previous discussions, you must be happy with this before proceeding.
2. To give us everything we need to create the deliverables you require, including logos, fonts, brand guidelines, company/product/service descriptions in the formats we require.
3. To coordinate any decision making with the decision makers in your organisation so that all feedback is communicated in a timely manner and we can make sure you get exactly what you want.
4. To understand that any delays in receiving this feedback will impact turnaround time, along with our ability to meet the deadline, and therefore will incur additional fees.
5. To proofread/examine and scrutinise everything to ensure it’s correct. If there are any mistakes (including typographic errors or misspellings) in the final deliverable which weren’t identified prior to sign-off any amendments will be chargeable.
6. Our team are great, and ideally we’d rather you didn’t poach them.
7. We’re not exclusive – so that means you’re free to hire any company you wish to work in the same capacity as DoodleDirect. Similarly, we’re free to offer our services to other clients whilst we work with you.
8. You own the rights to anything you’ve given to us to create your deliverables including copy, logos, design assets, imagery/photographs, video footage, music and fonts.
9. You promise that anything you have given DoodleDirect to use does not infringe the rights of any third party, and if we use anything you’ve given us on your behalf it won’t violate the rights of any third party or any Trademarks.
10. If you do license anything for us to use, you promise to comply with the terms and conditions of any licensing agreements governing the use of third party materials.
11. You’ll play nicely and comply with all laws and regulations related to DoodleDirect services and deliverables.
12. If you modify or change anything we have created for you, or use it outside of the original scope, or for any purpose not included in our proposal then that is completely fine and is entirely at your discretion. This means we aren’t responsible in any way for amendments to our original output.
13. We’re unable to take responsibility for the suitability of your final files to do the job they’re supposed to do wherever they’re supposed to do them. We also can’t be held responsible for the compliance with any laws or government rules or regulations applicable to this project or your industry.
14. You agree that we’re not liable for any damages, liabilities, costs, losses or expenses arising out of any claim, demand, or action by a third party arising out of any breach of your responsibilities or obligations as a client.
15. If this happens we’ll immediately notify you in writing of any claim or suit we’re made aware of, and you’ll have sole control of the defence and all related settlement negotiations. We’ll do everything we commercially can to provide you with any assistance, information and authority necessary however we will need reimbursement for any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses we incur in providing assistance.
16. You can end our agreement along with your order at any time. If you do decide to terminate, you understand that we won’t return any deposits/advanced payments, and you agree to pay for any services we’ve carried out until the date of cancellation if they are not covered by the advanced payment/deposit amount.
17. Things change! If you want to change our agreement, of course you can, but we’ll need to agree the changes you’ve made before we accept. If these changes adversely affect the agreed project timeline this will incur additional charges.
18. If you wish to notify us of anything please do so in writing to the following address: Animaco Ltd, The Gridiron Building, 1 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
19. Once you’ve agreed to this agreement via an electronic signature, the terms and conditions contained within are effective as of the last date of signature.
20. Finally, if you are signing this then make sure you have full authority to do so on behalf of your organisation.
1. We promise to deliver the services we’ve agreed to a professional standard.
2. We can keep absolutely everything secret, if you want us to. We’re really good at that and we’re more than happy to sign any non-disclosure agreements.
3. We retain the right to use anything we create for you, along with your name, business name and logo within our portfolio/case studies unless you specifically say we can’t at the beginning of the project.
4.We are providing a business service, and we enjoy our independence! So this means we’re not classed as an employee or a partner of your organisation.
5. Sometimes we engage specialists to help us to create the very best, so we take full responsibility for anyone we bring on board.
6. We’ll be sure to obtain any licenses and permissions for any content we include in your final files to enable us to grant you the full intellectual property rights.
7. We’ll ensure to the best of our knowledge that artwork created or provided by us does not infringe the rights of any parties, and using it in with the project outlined in the brief will not violate the rights of any third parties.
8. We agree that you’re not liable for any damages, liabilities, costs, losses or expenses arising out of any claim, demand, or action by a third party arising out of any breach of our responsibilities or obligations.
9. The work and services of DoodleDirect are sold “as is”. We won’t be held responsible for any lost data or content, lost profits, business interruption or for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising out of or relating to the materials or the services provided by DoodleDirect, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10. We can’t be held in breach of this agreement if we’re unable to carry out the services outlined (or part of) in the event of fire, earthquake, labour dispute, act of God or public enemy, death, illness or incapacity of DoodleDirect or any local, national or international law, governmental order or regulation or any other event beyond DoodleDirect’s control (collectively, “Force Majeure Event”). If a Force Majeure Event does occur we will let you know if we are unable to perform services, or if we are delayed in delivery we will propose revisions to the schedule.
1. All Third Party Materials are the exclusive property of their respective owners. If we need to license any third party materials we will notify you of this beforehand. You agree to pay for any third party materials to be licensed and shall obtain the correct licenses necessary to permit your use of these materials. If you fail to secure the correct licenses you indemnify DoodleDirect from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, losses or expenses arising out of any claim, demand, or action by a third party arising out of Client’s failure to obtain copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy, defamation or other releases or permissions with respect to materials included in the Final Art.
2. We retain the rights in and to all preliminary works (including ideas/concepts, copy/scripts, sketches, doodles, storyboards, stylesheets, animatics, animation drafts, design drafts) and you agree to return these to us within 14 days of completion of services. All rights to any preliminary works shall remain exclusive property of DoodleDirect.
3. We retain the rights in and to all original artwork and animation (including all rights to display or sell such artwork unless otherwise outlined in the Proposal) and you agree to return all original artwork to us within 14 days of completion of services.
4. Once we’ve completed the project and you’ve paid all of the agreed fees and costs we’ll assign all ownership rights including any copyrights to you for any artwork, designs and animated sequences comprising final art as a trademark. We’ll also sign additional documents to this effect if you require us to do so. You will be responsible for ensuring anything intended to be trademarked do not infringe the rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify DoodleDirect from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, losses or expenses arising out of any claim, demand, or action by a third party alleging any infringement arising out of use and/or your failure to obtain the rights to use or use of the trademark.